Wednesday 13 April 2011

Body Dismorphia

I have an interest in body dismorphia. Being a big girl myself I have always been bombarded with "lose weight", "you will die young" and the worst when your little "oh it is just puppy fat" well it wasn't you just shoved huge portions down my throat Mother! I have tried being bulimic, which I lost alot of weight (size 18 to 12 in 10 weeks) I just couldn't keep up with it, to the point I got so depressed. I always find pictures of extremely thin women interesting....but in no way do i condone it....i think it is very dangerous as is eating to excess....which I myself is trying to cut out of my life.
Anyway my point is i have an obsession with drawing skeletal people and unusual people. Here are some of my recent drawings.
Basic pencil, felt tip pen, coloured pencils and inks.



No comments:

Post a Comment