Tuesday 27 December 2011

COLLECTION

In MY WALK project we have to use complete primary research so only photos or pieces of writing or drawing that are complete our own. I decided to take some photos of religious items.
My idea was to take photos of items like the crucifix and rosary beads and how they have become a total fashion statement. Shops like Urban Outfitters and Topshop are selling t shirts with crosses on them, and rosary bead to "complete" your outfit and with the rise of Lady GaGa more and more young people are jumping on the "Blasphemous" BANDWAGON!
I have collected religious items and imagery for years....pretty much since i was 10 (I even still have my Holy Communion rosary) and it frustrates me in one way as I hate "hipster" kids thinking it is all "cool" and "unique" but on the other hand I can add to my collection haha!


My friend Ruby on a night out with a cross tattoo on her wrist

Lighting fixture in Paramount bar, Aberdeen

Becky with old school wooden crucifix necklace

My favourite band My Ruin's sticker

Novelty soap

BGD Necklace that was custom made for me

A band necklace with crosses on

My Holy Communion rosary

Rosary with broken crucifix

Fashion jewellery with skulls and crosses


Jesus Plasters....BEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Mary and Jesus glittery money boxes

My nun porcelain doll



No comments:

Post a Comment